If you’re wondering how to make the best use of your connections, then my guest today, Lou Shapiro, will certainly shed some light on how to go about doing that. Lou is a state and federal criminal law attorney, and he is a master at making friends online and offline and nurturing those relationships into referrals and opportunities.
What You’ll Learn:
- What experience is needed in order to eventually open your own practice as a criminal defense attorney
- Why he considers his firm to be a “concierge law firm”
- Where he gets his best referrals from other lawyers
- What exactly he posts on Facebook to invite conversations and generate attention
- How his involvement in his volunteer work at his temple led to a spot as a legal consultant on a tv legal comedy
- How he managed to secure Amanda Knox as a speaker for his local bar association
- The right way to stay in contact with people that you meet
- Why he’s waiting for the case that “defines” him
- Why you don’t need to experience every area of law in order to find out what you truly love
Thank you to our sponsor, MM.LaFleur – a women’s workwear brand that provides a complete wardrobe and personal-style service for the professional woman who has #BetterThingsToDo than shop.