With internet creators becoming more and more popular in today’s YouTube-crazed world, wanting to become a lawyer who serves the needs of this group of people is a viable career path. That’s why I reached out to my friend Franklin Graves, General Counsel for Naxos Music Group. Franklin is immersed in the world of internet creators and YouTubers and is a content creator himself. He creates content to help educate creators of the legal side of digital content.
What We Discuss:
- How he networked the smart way and made the most of his connections to land his first job
- Why it’s important to get involved in a bar association’s project instead of merely networking
- How a trip to an ABA conference started him off on his branding journey
- How an article he wrote for the ABA eventually led to an opportunity to speak on a panel at the massive video conference, VidCon
- What drew him to wanting to create content on YouTube and for YouTubers
- The importance of immersing yourself in the industry you wish to represent
- Should lawyers create videos to market their law firms?
- How to figure out what type of videos you should create for your firm
The Law School Strategy
Frankly Legal YouTube channel
Naxos Music Group
@franklingraves – Twitter, Instagram, Facebook